August 20-22, 2012
Organized by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR), in partnership with the Invasive Species Research Institute (ISRI), the Ontario Invasive Plant Council (OIPC) and the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH), with funding provided by the Invasive Species Centre (ISC) the Conference will focus on invasive terrestrial plants, and will:
• address contemporary issues in the field of terrestrial invasive plant and associated microbial species biology and ecology;
• focus on science findings relevant to Ontario with the opportunity to showcase findings from other jurisdictions that are relevant to Ontario;
• provide a forum for scientists, managers, policy makers and members of related disciplines to present original research/findings;
• include all terrestrial natural ecosystems and urban (e.g., forests, grasslands, riparian zones);
• consider agriculture only in regard to crops, microbial plant pathogens and/or weeds that may escape into natural habitats; and provide an opportunity for managers and policy makers to hear the latest developments. The Consulate General of Portugal congratulates Professor Pedro M. Antunes (Algoma University) and the remaining members of the scientific and organizing committees for the initiative.
Post a Comment