If you are planning on attending the Lusophone Studies Association inaugural conference, please fill out the attendance sheet available here
The conference, under the heading Exploring the Crossroads and Perspectives of Lusophone Studies, takes place from October 29th to November 1st, 2013, at Founders College Senior Room (305),
University, . Toronto
Organized by Robert A. Kenedy, PhD (Associate Professor - Department of Sociology, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, York University), Fernando Nunes, PhD (Assistant Professor - Department of Child and Youth Study, Faculty of Professional Studies, Mount Saint Vincent University) and Maria João Dodman, PhD (Assistant Professor - Department of Languages, Literatures and Linguistics, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, York University), the conference will examine the following five central areas:
- The present and future of Lusophone Studies: crossroads and perspectives.
- Historical evolution of the Lusophone world.
- Exploring Lusophone literatures, linguistics, and language.
- Studying the geopolitical Lusophone world.
- Contextualizing contemporary lusophone societies, migration, and identities.
- Lusophone survival within host-country.
For additional information please visit the LSA website.